Thursday, March 7, 2013

CITYSCAPES... Coming along

This is week 2 of first grade working on their cityscape collage. Week 1 they worked only on the buildings in neutral colours. I modelled how to fold the buildings in half and in half again and cut window shapes out of the folded side and they were ridiculously excited. This week we spent time adding more details and I brought out the"special sparkly paper". Wow, you would think it was Christmas morning. Boys like shiny paper. Go figure. What makes a city look busy? Some of the responses are very creative. Next week we will paint the backgrounds with watercolour pans.

Fantastic road and airplane and although we were not
allowed to draw, this boy added the statue of liberty.
How could I resist my hometown symbol?

Fantastic composition!

This student begged to draw a jet pack but when
challenged to make one out of shapes he blew me away.

This student insisted on adding an exploding volcano and
lava tsunami. He visited every other table in the classroom
to find red sparkly paper for the lava.

Opera House in the foreground, and I bet
that number "1" means something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment